WORD LIST & FREE WORKSHEETS
- VC – eight, ape, ace, aim
- CV – bay, day, hay, neigh, pay, say,
- CVC – bake, cage, cake, cane, cape, case, cave, chase, date, face, game, gate, jail, lake, late, make, name, rake, rain, safe, sail, same, shape, tail, take, tape, wait, wave, weigh
- brain, chain, crane, grape, great, grey, plane, plate, play, sleigh, spade, spray, snake, snail, train, tray
- 2 syllable – angel, apron, baby, bacon, crayon, crazy, lady, paper, railway, sailor, waiter,
How to produce this sound
Ay is made up of 2 sounds – ‘e’ and ‘ee’ . Start with a smiling ‘e’ sound (like ‘egg’) and then slide into a longer ‘ee’ sound (like ‘wee’).