WORD LIST & FREE WORKSHEETS
- VC – ouch, ow, owl, out, hour,
- CV – cow, now, wow, sour,
- CVC – couch, down, house, loud, mouse, mouth, pouch, shout, south, town,
- bounce, brown, cloud, clown, count, crown, found, ground, round, sound,
- 2 syllables – about, around, cowboy, flower, meow, mountain, outside, power, powder, shower,
How to produce this sound
‘Ow ‘ is made up of 2 sounds – ‘ah’ and ‘oo’. Open the mouth wide for ‘ah’ and then round the lips into the long ‘oo’ sound.
Lots of practice can be gained with ‘ow’ or ‘ouch’ !
Vowel ow 1
Vet/medical clinic. Put bandaids on the animals where they have hurt themselves – ouch.
Down – Up & down games are popular. Swing the child up and down or use block building.
Out – taking objects’ out’ of a surprise bag.
Cows – any farm activity here.