Using Minis #1
This is an easy win for using minis in therapy.
Set up a “shop” to buy all the minis from the cashier. You can take turns being the customer or the cashier. The customer selects minis and puts them in a shopping bag. The cashier scans and swipes the payment.
- Cash register / old mobile phone (eftpos type machine)
- Credit card (loyalty card will do!) or play money
- Shopping bag or basket
- Phonology Targets – all minis targeting a specific sound (eg ‘sh’ – shoe, shark, sheep, tissue, fish).
- Language Targets
- Question forms “Can I have…..?”
- Vocabulary expansion – eg have a pet shop with many different animals
- Receptive language – “Where is the …..(fish)?”
- Turn taking