WORD LIST & FREE WORKSHEETS
- VC – arm, ha, art, arc, arch
- CV – baa, car, far, jar, ha, ma, pa
- CVC – bark, barn, bath, calf, card, cart, charm, dark, farm, half, harp, heart, large, laugh, march, palm, park, pass, path, shark, sharp, start, tart, yard
- 1 syllable – blast, class, fast, glass, grass, last, mask, raft, scar, scarf, star, start
- 2 syllable – basket, castle, farmer, llama, party, (ba)nana
How to produce this sound
Open the mouth wide and make a long sound.
Simple target to start is a dinosaur or crocodile opening the mouth and saying ‘ah’.
‘Ah’ sounds are one of the first vowels children acquire with an open mouth plus voice. Start with dinosaurs, crocodiles and lions who say ‘ah’ with a big open mouth.
A doctor set is useful. You can prompt ‘ah’ for looking in the mouth with a torch. You can also listen to teddy’s heart.
Add arms to monsters so that you can have multiple attempts at ‘arm’ .